Earlier, I answered a question about weight loss woes and mentioned that I had 5 good tips coming for you. Well, here they are!
Here are 5 quick changes that you can make to help your body figure out that you are asking it to drop a few pounds:
- Stretch or do yoga. Give your muscles room to rebuild into long, lean muscles instead of bulky ones. Stretching will also aid in recovery, and recovery is absolutely essential.
- Since I mentioned it … are you giving yourself recovery time? If you weight train Monday, don’t on Tuesday. If your arms are sore from swimming, take a day or two off of swimming and switch it up with another activity that you enjoy.
- Sleep. It sounds silly for a fitness trainer to tell you to sleep, but I’m talking about proper rest and recovery again.
- You aren’t eating enough. Now I’m really crazy, right? What am I doing telling you to eat more? But hear me out. When you starve yourself, your body doesn’t know what’s going on. It has no clue when you are going to get more nourishment so it gets ready just in case it has to live off of your body fat for awhile. Starvation mode includes reduced fat burning and increased fat storage. You can see the counter productivity there, right?
- And on that note – eat breakfast! Eat breakfast. Eat breakfast. Eat breakfast. Your metabolism doesn’t wake up until you feed it. Think you’ll eat too much? Go back and reread number four.