They’re flying around the Internet again: lists about “stuff people x say”.
One blogger just wrote posts about things runners say and things runners will never say. But it was all marathoner specific, so I saw it as a challenge to come back with these lists from a track and field runner.
Stuff Track Runners Say:
1. How many times around the track is that?
2. I really need to add some distance to my training. I should do 2-3 miles tomorrow.
3. I didn’t get out fast enough.
4. I took 5 seconds off last week’s time!
5. I just ran a 6 minute mile — I don’t know why I’m so off today.
6. Can I borrow your waffles for the 800?
7. I need more Icy Hot.
8. People need to stay in the outside lanes if they are going to jog.
9. I hate the 1500. It’s such a long race.
10. I’d rather be the slowest in the fast heat.
Stuff Track Runners Will Never Say:
1. I love repeats.
2. I think I’ll go for an easy 6 today.
5. I lost a toe nail.
6. I peed a little during that race.
7. I need a Gu.
8. Did your nipples bleed?
9. I chafed.
10. I am going to go for a long run.
What did I miss, track stars?